Sunday 30 June 2013

Creamy, low fat, extra protein mince (ground beef)


I came across a fantastic one-pot recipe that I totally love from this website. I was so surprised at how lovely and creamy the cottage cheese makes the recipe, without tasting anything like cottage cheese!
I decided to vary the recipe slightly by turning it into a type of spaghetti bolognese, with with the benefit of the creamy tatse and extra protein provided by the cottage cheese (I'm trying to up my protein and eat less carbs).

What I used:
500g mince (ground beef)
1 finely chopped onion
1 250g tub plan fat free cottage cheese
1 tin tomato puree
seasoning as desired

Brown the onion till soft
Add the mince and cook till no longer brown
Add the cottage cheese and combine

Add the tomato puree
Season as desired
Simmer for 10 mins

Serve over pasta, or as a sloppy joe filling or pop into a container to freeze for use at another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment