Monday 8 July 2013

Menu plan (and pantry challenge!) - 8 - 14 July 2013

What a wonderful weekend! My husband and I managed to go away (just the two of us!!!) this past weekend to a little coastal town about an hour away from home.

 



We had an amazing time, but the getaway meant that my usual menu plan and shop for the week ahead fell by the wayside. What I'm going to attempt to do is make meals entirely from the contents of my freezer and pantry. My restrictions are my husbands low fat eating plan and no shopping for ingredients, only fruit, bread and milk for the week.

Here goes...

Mon: Out to dinner at a friend's home (buying babysiter supper from canteen at work and girls will have leftover pasta from yesterday)
Tues: Roast duck breast with lemon and honey (new recipe I'm going to try), served with potatoes, peas and carrots
Wed: Toad in the hole for the girls and I, Tuna salad for my husband
Thurs: Salmon fillets with balsamic vinegar and garlic (new recipe), brown rice and salad
Fri: Omelettes with cheese and tomatoes
Sat: Beef rogan josh (using ready made sauce)
Sun: Chicken tray bake (new recipe)


I'll post pics of the dishes once I've made them:)

I'll be linking up at Orgjunkie.com :)



No comments:

Post a Comment