Wednesday 21 August 2013

Budget Beef Wellington

A while ago I needed to feed quite a few people on not too many ingredients, and so I googled "mince recipes" and was inspired by what I saw to try to create my own version of a budget beef wellington:)

To make this you'll need:

500g minced beef
1 finely chopped onion
1 finely grated carrot (optional)
1 egg
500g puff pastry

Since I was cooking for a crowd, I doubled the recipe.
I took 1kg of minced beef, seasoned it as I would for meatballs, added a large minced onion and 2 beaten eggs to bind it. I then shaped it into 2 large loaves and placed it in the middle of a sheet of puff pastry. I then cut the pastry on either side of the loaf into strips, brushed some beaten egg on the ends and laid them criss-crossed over the loaf of mince.

I then brushed the pastry ith beaten egg and baked it at 180 degrees C for 45mins-1hr.



 It looked gorgeous, smelled amazing and the kids all had second helpings:)

No comments:

Post a Comment